Google Search

Coastal Dune Amber Bead Bracelet

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Coastal Dune Amber Bead Bracelet

This delivery, blogged about in "The Case of the Missing Amber Necklaces" was so fraught with anxiety & complications that when they finally arrived, I was so wiped out from the holiday season that it was all I could do to get these up on the site. As a result, it strikes me that in the descriptions- the absolute awe I felt at looking at these may have been overlooked because I was scrambling to describe them technically.

Even as a small child, I was grateful that there were museums because I felt like they kept all of "our" things safe. That's how I feel about these as images & as objects, somehow looking at them is deeply nourishing. They're ridiculous, over-the-top beauty- what is it in the human spirit (and in nature) that just craves this kind of splurge, this kind of excess?

Permalink

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP